Kiosk Banking is an important concept and it is basically developed for rural areas where less number of banks available or no bank facilities are there and where people can’t reach to the banks to use the services. That is why RBI has introduced Kiosk Banking Service as a Mini Bank Service.
It is conceived that the kiosk will function with the support of leading banks in the Private, Public and Cooperative sectors.
ADVANTAGES OF KIOSK BANKING:
There is no minimum balance or charges levied.
The account holder can have an unlimited amount in his Account, there are no limitations.But the Maximum limit of a transaction is 10000/- per day.
Easy deposits, withdrawal, and cash remittances.
Cheque book is not issued. They will be given a debit card to withdraw the amount.
Loan against term deposit is given to the account holder.
Hassel free opening of Savings account.
Less documentation, no queues, no travel expenses.
Rupay ATM card/ SBI identity card
For opening an account the process that should be followed by the operator is as follows:
Once the customer comes to you for account opening give them a form to open an account.
Once the form is filled the only ID proof that is required is AADHAR card for the opening of the account.
Go to the option of customer creation and enter the details of the customer by filling their details in the form.
Now take the biometric of the customer and take the photograph of them.
Ask the customer to cross verify their details.
Once the Account is opened information is given to the customer that the debit card would be sent to their communication address within 15 working days.
For depositing of the cash into the account the customer needs to follow these steps:
- Customer needs to carry his Rupay Debit card along with him to Deposit money in the account.
- A total of Rs. 10,000/- can be deposited by each individual in a day.
The procedure for withdrawal of the amount is:
- Customers are given a Rupay ATM cards, which are similar to Master Card or Visa debit cards
- An ATM machine is installed at each Republic Centre
- Customer will have to use his Rupay Debit Card to withdraw the amount.
- Every day a minimum amount of 10,000/- can be withdrawn from his account.