Import Export Code
IMPORT EXPORT CODE REGISTRATION
Ideal for businesses planning to trade in and out of India
IEC registration is required by a person for exporting or importing goods. It is a 10 digit code which is issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT). All businesses which are engaged in Import and Export of goods require registering Import Export Code. IE code has lifetime validity. Importers are not allowed to proceed without this code and exporters can’t take benefit of exports from DGFT, customs, Export Promotion Council, if they don’t have this code.
The IE Code must be quoted by importers while clearing customs. Also, banks require the importers IE Code while sending money abroad. For exporters, IE Code must be quoted while sending shipments. And banks require the exporters IE Code while receiving money from abroad. IMPORT AND EXPORT CODE Registration can be done through CAPITAL FLOW.
IEC Documents In Respect Of Individual / Proprietor / Partner / Director:-(All copies of documents should be self-attested by the customer)
- Copy of PAN Card
- Passport size photograph
- Copy of Aadhar Card/ Voter identity card
- Authorization letter (In case of Partnership)
- Authority from other Directors on letterhead (In case of the company)
- Copy of Partnership deed (In case of Partnership)
- Board Resolution/ self-declaration (In case of Company)
- Telephone Bill in the name of the Individual (In case of the individual)
- The cancelled cheque of individual
- Copy of PAN Card firm/company
- Copy of Property papers (If owned property)
- Copy of Rent agreement (If rented property)
- Landlord NOC (Format will be provided by us)
- The cancelled cheque of firm
- Electricity/ water bill (Business Place)
- Telephone Bill in the name of the business
- Copy of Service Tax returns (In case of Proprietorship)
- Certificate of incorporation (In case of a company)
- Bank statement of firm/company
- AOA and MOA (In case of a company)
- 1 letterhead of the company (In case of the company)
IEC Documents In Respect Of Entity
Features of Import Export Code
All importers who import goods are required to register Import export code and all exporters need this code to obtain the benefits of exports.
IEC code holder does not require the filing of any returns.
IEC Code is issued for the lifetime and requires no renewal
File bill of entry with the business identification number.
Determine the rate of duty for clearance from a warehouse
File requisite documents with customs department.
Submit import/export report
Receive permission to import/export goods.