Download GST Certificate
GST Certificate is issued to people who are registered under GST. Those having GST registration certificate are mandatorily required to display the registration certificate prominently at their place of business. Downloading GST certificate is a pretty easy process. In this article, we look at the process for downloading GST certificate from the GST Portal.
Know more about rules of displaying GST registration certificate.
Steps to Download GST Registration Certificate
To download GST registration certificate, you should have access to your GST account. Once, you have the GST Portal account details, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Open the GST India portal https://www.gst.gov.in/
STEP 2: Click on the ‘Login’ button to access the username and password page.
STEP 3: Enter the correct ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ credentials along with the captcha in the required field and click ‘LOGIN’.
STEP 4: Click on the Services –> User Services –>View/ Download Certificate.
STEP 5: Click on the ‘Download’ button in the screen to download the certificate. The certificate contains all the details on the tax transactions.
Sample GST Registration Certificate
A sample GST registration certificate is reproduced below for reference:
Validity of GST Certificate
GST registration certificates issued to regular taxpayers do not have an expiry. Hence, as long as the GST registration is not surrendered or cancelled by GST authority, it would continue to remain valid.
However, in case of casual taxable person GST registration or non-resident taxable person GST registration, the validity is restricted to a maximum of 90 days. The validity can be extended or renewed at the end of its validity period.
Changes to GST Certificate
In case any information on the GST registration certificate is wrong, the taxpayer can initiate an amendment to core field on the GST portal. Amendment to cor field requires approval by the Tax Officials and on approval a new amended GST registration certificate would be downloaded. Some of the core fields in a GST registration certificate are:
- Any change in legal/ trade name of business, not involving change in PAN
- Principal place of business
- Additional Place of Business (Other than change in State)
- Addition or deletion of Partners/Karta/Managing Directors and whole time Director / Members of Managing Committee of Associations / Board of Trustees/ Chief Executive officer or equivalent etc.
Amendment to core field can initiated by following the steps below:
- Access the GST Portal.
- Login to the GST Portal with valid credentials.
- Click theServices> Registration > Amendment of Registration Core Fields link.
- Update the changes required in any of the fields required.
- In the Verification tab, select the Verification checkbox.
- In the Name of Authorized Signatory drop-down list, select the authorized signatory.
- In the Place field, enter the name of the place.
- After filling the application for Amendment of Registration, you need to digitally sign the application using Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)/ E-Signature or EVC.
Once the amendment application is approved or rejected, you will receive a notification through SMS and e-mail message. Also the approval order (REG 15) can be viewed/ downloaded on the GST portal. Also, amended registration certificate containing the amended details will be available for download.